|Rating||Not a Synonym For 'Cock' In This Case|
|Extra||1/2 Page Epilogue|
|Publication date||December 12, 2010|
Kronar Takes a Toll
SynopsisEdit(Continuing from Portrait) Ivan examines the Mistress's crap tributes that have been given to him, including the blanket from Blanket and the lizard of guilt. One of the items is an arrow marked "Arrow of Regret". Ivan drops the arrow and it disappears upon hitting the table. It then reappears in the throat of a nearby guard. The mortally wounded guard pulls the arrow from her throat and drops it. It disappears again and reappears in the Mistress's baby monster, killing it. Ivan disposes of the monster out a window, but when it hits the ground with the arrow, the arrow disappears again and kills a wall sentry. Ivan puts the room into disarray to make the carnage look like the act of assassins, but the lizard of guilt starts shouting out blame on him, so Ivan disposes of the lizard through the window as well. When the Mistress and her guards arrive, Ivan convinces her that the monster killed the guard and ran off.
Later, Ivan attempts to wash away the stains from the monster's blood on his hands as the ghost of the lizard of guilt taunts him.
The arrow of regret kills more sentries in a chain reaction, with a surviving guard shouting, "They've Breached the lard!"
- "not enough words use a triple 'o'" (in reference to the sound the arrow makes:"Fooont!")
- "the 'maker of labels' was another tribute"
- "teach your minions first aid"
- "deadlier than the 'cudgel of sympathy'"
- "escaping in your own confusion"
- "the 'window of opportunity' isn't one of the tributes"
- "keep scrubbing"
- "a pair of gloves could have saved Lady Macbeth"
- "tragedy strikes everyone"
- "double dare you to have a threesome with him. double dog dare you to... never mind "
"They've breached the lard!" is a reference to the earlier story Stealth Kill.